HelioCampus is an analytics platform-as-a-service company serving higher education institutions throughout the US. We combine a powerful analytics platform with ongoing analysis and data science services from education experts, increasing visibility into the connections between admissions, enrollment, student success and institutional financial data.
We are seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join our team of higher education data experts. The analyst will work closely with multiple client partners to understand their analytical needs, evaluate key performance metrics, and analyze trends. The ideal candidate will possess superior technical ability as well as effective communication and relationship management skills.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop subject matter expertise in the HelioCampus data platform and guide client partners in the use of the platform to answer strategic institutional questions.
- Perform ad hoc and trend analyses to discover actionable information in support of management decision making.
- Serve as the main point of contact between HelioCampus and the client partner, working closely with senior leaders to maximize use of the platform.
- Leverage enterprise business intelligence tools, SQL queries and other tools to develop complex models, dashboards, and reports.
- Deliver ongoing training and support to client stakeholders.
- Provide input to the HelioCampus product roadmap for analytical tools and solutions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as a business/data analyst or consultant in higher education (Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline may substitute for 3 years’ experience)
- Deep understanding of one or more key areas of higher education (e.g. financial aid, admissions, advancement, student affairs)
- Experience building rigorous statistical models and leveraging enterprise reporting tools to develop dashboards and reports
- Expertise leveraging SQL, Excel, and data visualization tools such as Tableau to manipulate, analyze and present data
- Significant experience in one or more analytic/programming software packages such as R, SAS, Python, or comparable
- Strong ability to articulate meaningful questions and develop appropriate approaches to answering these questions using standard statistical techniques such as clustering, decision trees, random forest, linear & logistic regression, ANOVA
- Excellent communication skills and experience presenting findings to mid to senior level executives
- Ability to work effectively and independently on multiple priorities with strict deliverable dates
- Experience working closely with both business users and technical development teams.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience in higher education at the Assistant Director or higher level or a terminal degree in a field relevant to the position (educational research, behavioral sciences, economics, etc).
- Significant experience building reports and dashboards in Tableau
- Experience working with SIS, HR, CRM, Financial, ERP and Learning Management systems data
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Banner Student, Workday Financials and HCM
- Strong understanding of data warehouse concepts and experience working with large data sets.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, life and disability insurance
- 401K with company match
- 5+ weeks of paid time off including holidays and vacation
- Work with the smartest and most driven coworkers in the industry
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to email@example.com with the Senior Data Analyst job title in the subject.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.