HelioCampus is an analytics platform-as-a-service company serving higher education institutions throughout the US. We are seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join our team of higher education data experts. The analyst will work closely with multiple client partners to understand their analytical needs, evaluate key performance metrics, and analyze trends. The ideal candidate will possess superior technical ability as well as effective communication and relationship management skills.
Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Leverage enterprise business intelligence tools, including SQL, statistical programming tools such as R / Python, and other tools to develop advanced reporting and analytics solutions.
- Perform quantitative as well as statistical predictive analytics to develop solutions that would result in actionable recommendations and tools to support management decision making.
- Develop subject matter expertise in the HelioCampus data platform and guide stakeholders in the use of the platform to answer strategic institutional questions.
- Complete data validation and facilitate end user testing on designed reports and dashboards.
- Bachelor’s degree with four years of experience or Master’s degree with two years of experience from an accredited institution of higher learning;
- Experience working in data analytics and predictive modeling in higher education or related industry;
- Significant experience working with relational databases;
- Strong knowledge of SQL, R/ Python queries to build reports and answer ad hoc questions;
- Expertise leveraging data visualization BI tools such as Excel, Tableau, PowerBI to manipulate, analyze and present data;
- Excellent communication skills and experience presenting findings to mid to senior level executives;
- Ability to work effectively on multiple priorities with strict deliverable dates;
- Experience working closely with both business users and technical development teams.
- Prior positions in higher education consulting or working with educational data;
- Significant experience building reports and dashboards in Tableau;
- Experience working with SIS, HR, CRM, Financial, ERP and Learning Management systems data;
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Banner Student, Workday Financials and HCM. Strong understanding of data warehouse concepts and experience working with large data sets.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, life and disability insurance
- 401K with company match
- 5+ weeks of paid time off including holidays and vacation
- Work with the smartest and most driven coworkers in the industry
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to email@example.com with the Senior Data Analyst job title in the subject.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.