HelioCampus is an analytics platform-as-a-service company serving higher education institutions throughout the US. We combine a powerful analytics platform with ongoing analysis and data science services from education experts, increasing visibility into the connections between admissions, enrollment, student success and institutional financial data.
We are seeking a Senior Operations Engineer to lead efforts to support, maintain, and enhance production data pipeline workflows in a growing and evolving technical environment. The engineer will work with data engineering teams and business owners to ensure our platform has high reliability and accuracy by performing stress and performance testing, improving release management practices, and supporting production workflow troubleshooting and resolutions.
- Develop and document automation strategies, job execution plans, and migration plans for production data operations workflows.
- Coordinate and facilitate the deployment of ETL code into the prod environment.
- Triage and resolve production incidents related to ETL jobs and participate in root cause analysis and post mortem documentation.
- Identify and document known issues and work with ETL engineering team to address reoccurrence and the identify workaround.
- Escalate to team leads in a timely manner when resolution cannot be achieved.
- Create processes designed to measure system effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
- Build effective monitoring, alerts, and metrics for production services.
- Create and review operational change tickets with ETL team members when changes to Production are needed ensuring they are complete, clear and concise.
- Interface and coordinate critical deployment and maintenance communication between the OPS and ETL teams.
- Provide on the job training and support to new and junior team members as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5-7 years experience in an operations, software development or DevOps role.
- 3-5 years of related experience in software testing, release management, infrastructure engineering, or database performance optimization.
- Experience with RDBMS system (e.g., MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, Redshift, etc.)
- Excellent SQL and scripting skills.
- Desire to join a small, growing company where the sky is the limit on opportunity.
- Ability to work as a self-starter who enjoys pursuing challenges and seeking solutions with minimal supervision.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Regular working hours are an early 1st shift (4am to 1pm, M-F) and includes some additional on call support during off hours and weekends.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary, based on experience and bonus program
- Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, life and disability insurance
- 401K with company match
- 5+ weeks of paid time off including holidays and vacation
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to email@example.com with the Senior OPS Engineer job title in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.