HelioCampus is an analytics platform-as-a-service company serving higher education institutions throughout the US. We offer a secure cloud-based platform that includes flexible data models, best-in-class visual analytics, and expert analysis to enable higher education leaders to make more informed decisions.
We are seeking a Data Scientist to be part of our growing team of data and analytic experts. You will possess experience in predictive modeling skills in order to guide and partner with our University clients. You will work closely with University leadership and staff to understand their analytical needs and develop/maintain models that provide insight into student success and operational efficiency. Ideally, you will have strong technical ability as well as excellent communication and client relationship skills.
These will be your specific responsibilities:
- Use data-driven and statistically valid methodologies to develop and maintain models that incorporate key internal and external metrics to produce short and long-range models.
- Create data visualizations to provide insight to complex business problems.
- Collaborate with other analysts to identify underlying trends (both internal and external) that impact current and future institutional goals.
- Travel to customer site as required (approximately 10%)
Skills and experience you will have to be successful:
- 3+ years of experience working in data analytics.
- Experience applying machine learning/predictive analytics techniques.
- Degree in Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field.
- Ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Knowledge of R, SAS, Python or similar tool set.
- Strong in SQL data extraction & manipulation to generate data sets for statistical models.
- Experience using data visualization tools, such as Tableau, to manipulate, analyze, and present data.
- Familiar with either dimensional or normalized data warehouse architectures.
- Excellent communication skills and experience presenting findings to decision-makers.
- Passionate about working in Higher Education and/or working in data analytics.
- Ability to work effectively and independently on multiple priorities with strict deliverable dates.
- Experience working with both business users and technical development teams.
It would be great if you had….
- Advanced degree in Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field.
- Knowledge of statistical tests and procedures such as ANOVA, multivariate regression, maximum likelihood estimation techniques, Time Series and Markov Chain Analyses.
- Prior experience in higher education.
- Experience implementing predictive models in a production setting.
- Experience using Tableau to visualize and communicate results of data analysis.
- Strong understanding of data warehouse concepts and experience working with large structured and unstructured data sets.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, life and disability insurance
- 401K with company match
- 5+ weeks of paid time off including holidays and vacation
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to email@example.com with the Data Scientist job title in the subject.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.