HelioCampus, a technology-enabled services company that combines technology with ongoing data science services, working with higher education institutions throughout the US. We are seeking a Director of Sales to help drive the growth of HelioCampus through new client acquisition. The Director of Sales will work closely with Sales, Marketing, Product and Services teams to source and manage complex, enterprise solution sales. The ideal candidate will be process driven, proactive and possess excellent communication and relationship management skills. The candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a growing team and develop broad and deep skills across business development, partner relations, managing complex sales cycles, and analytics products and services. Higher education experience is ideal.
HelioCampus is a fast-paced, start-up environment where standards are high and initiative is always encouraged.
As a Director of Sales for HelioCampus, you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth of an early stage company bringing a new and compelling data analytics and data science offering to higher education institutions across the U.S.
The successful candidate will be able to perform these key responsibilities:
- Net-New Client Acquisition – Strategically identify, target, generate and manage new HelioCampus opportunities to close.
- Complex Deal Management – Manage a complex, enterprise solution sale with a 9+ month sales cycle. Understand the buyer/seller process while leveraging internal assets for each stage. Leverage internal subject-matter-experts and executive sponsors to manage mid-to-late-stage deals.
- Lead Generation - Identify and progress new client acquisition opportunities aligned with revenue objectives. This will include generating new leads, and qualifying new and inbound leads.
- Presentations and Proposals – Lead online and face to face presentations of HelioCampus’ offerings to prospective institutions and develop and deliver corresponding proposals.
- Research, Analysis and Planning – Conduct research and analysis to profile and gather sales opportunity intelligence for effective territory planning, prospecting and qualification activities. Develop and execute against a territory plan. Initiate outbound communications via telephone, email, and social selling to target institutions.
- Sales Operations and Support – Support internal operations within HelioCampus and cross-sell operations with our technology partners. Manage the sales pipeline and possess the insights to accurately forecast. Ensure high responsiveness and attention to all qualified inbound requests. Maintain a deep knowledge in using Salesforce.com.
- Industry Events - Attend and represent HelioCampus at industry and regional events to uncover new client opportunities and to gain greater visibility for HelioCampus.
- Relationship Management – Cultivate relationships with prospective clients, industry partners and industry influencers to ensure a rich collaboration;
- Cross-Functional Communication - Communicate and coordinate with teammates as appropriate to ensure flawless execution of sales meetings and go-to-market activities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Familiarity with CRM systems is required (Salesforce.com preferred);
- 5+ years Sales or Business Development experience or equivalent;
- Proven ability to generate and close sales opportunities in their current position;
- A background in cloud-based software, data analytics and data visualization technology sales preferred;
- Experience engaging with Higher Education institutions preferred.
Travel as needed not to exceed 50%.
The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to successfully source and qualify a high volume of new opportunities, the confidence and insights to interact with senior-level decision makers in higher education, and quickly learn our platform, differentiators, and competitive landscape while pursuing attainment against an annual quota. He/she should also be a self-starter who is prepared to work in a high-volume environment across a national territory.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401K with company match
- 5+ weeks of paid time off including holidays and vacation
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to email@example.com with the Director of Sales job title in the subject.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.